Friday, October 15, 2010

Oct. 8, 2010 Letter!

Hey Guys!!!  So, this last week been pretty crazy.  We had general conference, new district and another companion.  Elder Neilson.  He was here in April for two months and then had to go home for kidney surgery.  So now he's with us for the next three weeks till we all leave. Speaking of leaving our twin district in our zone got their flight plans a week early and leave a week early.  We're so jealous but super excited for them.  So back to Elder Neilson; 275lbs, muscle, his arm is literally as big as my head, speaks almost fluent Spanish cuz he's Chilean and is awesome.  He's a cool guy with experience so he helps a lot.  Okay now back to twin district.  In that district is elder watt and elder judd.  Well, those two and I opened a locked door using a piece of paper, floss, a notecard, and the cord of a vacuum.  It was pretty sick. We totally mcguiverd it.
So I've acquired a few new injuries.  I played indoor volleyball and dove a lot.  Afterwards my right knee was like twice the size of my other knee.  It looked really awesome.  I also accumulated some bruises on my shoulders.  I'm trying to break the habit of cracking my knuckles like we teach investigators to break bad habits. My reward for cracking them is to have my very strong comps hit me in the arm.  Just to give u an idea of how strong elder neilson is.  He arm wrestled me with two fingers and pulled me out of my chair.  My back also started acting up and seizing so I went to the mtc doc for so ice pads or something but now I’m going to a chiropractor if they can set up an appointment. Only reason I would want to go is to possibly get a massage.  How often do u get to do that on a mission?  ; )  Well last week my mom was singing praises cuz my roommates are the district leaders and I have to keep my room clean.  Well now that we have another comp I have to move out and he's even messier than I am.  I'm pretty sure in a couple hours when she gets this I’m going to be hearing the cries of a woman dying a slow painful death.  Speaking of my family I love you guys, especially my cousin McKenzie and my nuevo cuz Corey!!  Whoop Whoop.  The last few days I've been memorizing the family a proclamation to the world.  I have about a third.  Once that’s down I'll go for it in Spanish.  Anyway, since working on that, the purpose of family and their essential role on earth and in the divine destiny of all God's children and become much dearer to me and has helped me in lessons here.  I'd also like to thank my mom and Ashley.  You know that suit you guys help pick out in Provo?  I've had more compliments on that suit than I can remember.  At least 3 times each day I wear that suit I get complements so, thank you.
So my zone is pretty cool.  For one we have two new elders going to Colombia Cali!  Another, our zone is huge.  We have my two comps, Elder Weston, Elder Kakal, a couple others and then Elder Fackrell.  Each is over 200lbs and mostly muscle.  Elder Fackrell is 6'4'' as broad as the hulk and as strong.  He did 12 pushups with Elder Weston on his back.  Elder Weston weighs 215lbs.  Fackrell is my hero and is a beast.  He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and then again with one hand threw me onto the top bunk.  K, so the two new Colombian missionaries told me that other missionaries said that missionaries in Colombia are chill with the drug lords so I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I'm not sure about their exact relationship; maybe they send Christmas cards or something.
Well this last week was conference and it was awesome.  So much good stuff.  I loved "Integrity is not naivety, but what is naive is to believe that we will not be accountable before god-christofferson. I loved Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication-DaVinchi.  This is so important for missionaries cuz what’s going to convert is not deep doctrine or lessons but simple and strong testimony and the blessing of the holy ghost.  I also love, not one of you has thrown away your last chance-Patrick Kearon.  All of god’s children wear the same jersey-uchtdorf.  Be grateful for blessings, but never inhale them-uchtdorf   We don't discover humility by thinking less of yourself, but by thinking less about yourself-uchtdorf.  The holy ghost is voting for me, the devil against me, but it’s my vote that counts-packer.  To live with gratitude always in your heart is to touch heaven- monson.   I just want to express how much I am grateful for all of you and how much I love you.  I love this work and I love my family and I love my God.  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment